Striker Zaza rejects Spurs to join Juventus

With Tottenham looking to offload both Emmanuel Adebayor and Roberto Soldado, neither of which will be easy, the arrival of more strikers may take a while to materialise.



One name in the frame is 23-year-old Sassuolo forward Simone Zaza who reports in Italy suggest has been monitored by former club Juventus and Tottenham.

"Is this my last match for the club? I do not know and I don't want to think about it, these are things we will talk about next week. The very idea of leaving this club makes me sad. 
"I will always thank this club and all the people of Sassuolo, I'm sure I will never find an atmosphere like this anywhere else. I know that Juventus want me, however I always said I would leave Sassuolo only for a great team. The interest makes me proud."

The Italians are expecting him to stay in Italy and join Juventus suggesting he has already rejected Spurs offer of better terms but Juventus can offer the opportunity to win Italian titles and cups, they are also in this seasons UEFA Champions League final. This will be the first final for an Italian side since Inter won it 2-0 in 2009/10 beating Bayern Munich. 

His recent words to the media suggest he is keen on Juventus too, which given they part-own him is hardly surprising. Juventus can sign him for £11 million are believed to have offered him a 3-year deal with a one year option. 

He appears to be one we can cross off the list along with Danny Ings.