Sissoko to Spurs?

A player who always impresses and seems to play well against us all the time is Newcastle United midfielder Moussa Sissoko.



The Frenchman has experience of the Premier League, is only 25-year-old so fits in with our youth policy and is a driving force in midfield. He has skill as well as physicality so either side of the game comes easy to him, yet few of the top clubs ever seem to be associated with him. He claims that Chelsea are watching him, PSG get linked with every French player who is half decent, so do Arsenal, so those stories often mean little.

The fact that he is effectively telling Chelsea he wants to play for them mean he would certainly consider a move away from Newcastle despite what PR he may give to the fans. French radio station RMC asked him in January if Jose Mourinho was watching him.

"Is he following my progress? According to what I am hearing, yes. He is one of the best managers in the world. He has won so many titles... Any player would love to be coached by this man. 
"For the moment, I am coached by other people. If one day I have the chance to work under his guidance, I would be very happy. For the moment, I am still at Newcastle and I feel good over there. There is no problem. 
"After that, you can never be sure about what is going to happen. If I am to move, the French national team will be part of my thinking. I will make the right choice. 
"Champions League football? All players dream of playing in this competition. I hope to participate in it one day. I am patient. I am waiting for my time."

He is better than a lower table player and is he much different to Morgan Schneiderlin, a player we want but is too expensive. Sissoko has improved at Newcastle and his energetic box-to-box style, a dying breed, fits in with our system. He is more an attacking midfield than a defensive midfield but can combine the two.

Ryan Mason or Moussa Sissoko, who would you pick?