Kane waiting for his chance

Harry Kane is hoping his form will eventually give him a chance, which he knows he will have to take. Hugo Lloris has been preferred in goal and Emmanuel Adebayor in attack.

Kane waiting for his chance


“I have just got to keep doing what I’m doing when I get the chance and we’ll see what happens. I proved last season with three goals in three starts that I can do it in the Premier League. 
“It is just about waiting for my chance. You have to be patient in football and we have three top strikers here. 
“This season I have scored seven goals in five starts and I have to continue that when I get chances. This is a big game at home against Newcastle and we want to get the three points.”

The Tottenham XI to play Newcastle is Lloris; Dier, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose; Capoue, Mason; Chadli, Eriksen, Lamela; Adebayor.

Kane makes the bench along with the unfortunate Roberto Soldado who has been given a slap in the face by being named substitute. Not picked to play on Thursday in a must win game he wasn't trusted with the task of scoring goals suggesting he is no nearer displacing the vice-captain whose contribution has to be called into question.

Tottenham Subs: Vorm, Chiriches, Davies, Dembele, Lennon, Kane, Soldado