Vertonghen - I'm ready to play Thursday

Jan Vertonghen and his fellow World Cup players at Tottenham took a break after the summer tournament in Brazil and have therefore been behind everyone else in training.

Vertonghen - I'm ready to play Thursday


Playing players who are fatigued risks injury so they have had to have a break and then start their own pre-season. The time is right now for them to get some game time and Jan Vertonghen has told the Haringey Independent that he is ready and is hoping to play against AEL on Thursday.

“I hope so, I have had a couple of good sessions the past couple of weeks together with the other World Cup guys and I hope to be ready for Thursday.

“It is the manager’s choice, of course, but I hope I can play and that I am allowed to play.”

The Hong Kong’s under 16 national team are training at our training ground in Enfield ahead of their Asian championships next month and Vertonghen was attending a welcoming event for them where he spoke to the press.

He wasn't ready for the West Ham game , was delighted with the win but missed the bundle of joy at the end.

“I was very happy the team and it was a shame I wasn’t there. I really wanted to be in the bundle with the team at the end. 
“They did very well to win the game; West Ham away is a very difficult place to go especially with ten men for a long part of the game.”

Plenty of time for more bundles Jan.