Soldado and Vertonghen

New signing Roberto Soldado has begun his preperations for our next game. He is being told of the importance of the London Derby, as are all the new signings, by his teammates so that the atmosphere doesn't take them by surprise.

Soldado & Vertonghen prepare for Arsenal
Soldado & Vertonghen prepare for Arsenal
"Yes, my team-mates have told me what the derby means. Tottenham against Arsenal is one of the most beautiful games for the club and everyone who has come in from outside will want to play in it.

"It's the game with the biggest rivalry for Tottenham and I cannot wait to play in this environment and I hope we can get the three points. It's always important to score goals and I hope to keep on doing this for the team.

"The welcome I have got since my presentation here in the friendly against Espanyol has been great. To hear the fans singing your name is special and I hope it happens a lot more throughout the season.

"The physical aspect of the game is the biggest difference. The referees here allow much more contact and the games are a lot quicker. This is something that I have been taking in bit by bit.

"I've had a much shorter pre-season compared to my team-mates but I have scored one penalty against Crystal Palace and another against Swansea.

"The first few games I think are the hardest of the season and we have played well, but we can still improve a lot."

Incredibly there are some supporters have been wondering why Mousa Dembele is not playing well, don't know what games they have been watching but they are wrong. Clearly these people only believe you are having a good game if you are catching the eye rather than having and end product but Jan Vertonghen knows better.

He has been heaping praise on our hard working midfield players.

“Swansea is one of the best footballing teams in the Premier League and I thought we did very well.

“We had great pressure, especially the midfield players, who did a lot of work.

“The midfield was unbelievable – that made it an easy job for me and Daws at the back! They did so much work. For me and Daws it’s all about organisation, they work and work all the time. We were happy, they did a great job.

“I think we can be proud of our performance.”