Kondogbi quote, he see no reason to leave Inter


TRANSFER TALK


Italian outlet Tutto Mercato Web are reporting that Tottenham Hotspur are planning on launching a double raid on Inter Milan for 24-year-old (25 in January) French central midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia and 24-year-old (25 in May) Colombian central defender Jeison Murillo, who is also wanted by Manchester City.

Geoffrey Kondogbia is a player we watched at Monaco and tried to sign before he went to Italy in July 2015 for £30.6 million (€35.83m - AUS$50.40m - US$38.21m). It was rather a hefty sum at the time and the French international signed a contract until 2020.

We have scouted him, of that there is no doubt. We were at the San Siro watching him on Monday night as Inter took on Sampdoria. The Italian press is much like ours with sensationalism more important than reality. While we are watching him it is highly unlikely we will be seeing him in a Spurs shirt. He told La Gazzetta dello Sport at an event held in Paris that he doesn't see why he should leave Inter.

"I'm good at Inter, my family too and I do not see why I should leave. Perhaps the supporters were expecting more from me, given the price paid for me, but I consider that my balance sheet is in line with that of the team. It is up to me now to demonstrate my qualities."


More from THBN
Chelsea offer Isco 164k salary, Man City offer 131K
Soldado surprised by Spurs fans
Opportunity Awaits
Why have bookies slashed the odds on Sanchez
Sitting Pretty


Over 1,000 Spurs articles at Tottenham Hotspur News