An encouraging beginning from Son Heung-min

An-encouraging-beginning-from-Son-Heung-min

Whenever you hear a player talk to the press you have to have a look at what they have said and assess whether it is merely standard PR answers that have little meaning or are genuinely held views or whether the player has the right mental approach to improve their game.

Son Heung-min is the hero of the day with his goal against Crystal Palace and his brace against Qarabag. He spoke to the press after the game and has since informed fans there is more to come from him. After the first game he revealed he wasn't happy with his performance, that is a very positive sign.
"I haven't adapted to the Premier League yet. I want to do much better and prepare as well as I can. I understand what the club invested in me. I'm getting a lot of help from my teammates and coaches and that's why I want to do even better. 
"I heard about the North London derby when I was in the Bundesliga. I want to prepare well and do well on Wednesday."
It is early days to be making rash judgements, bit TV pundit Graeme Souness felt that Spurs may have found a talent and Hugo Lloris emphasised his movement being important.
"I think Tottenham have found one. If that's his level of performance, then he's a player."
"He's always available, with a lot of movement. He's got great skill and he will help the team to make a step forward."
Already he has played in different positions and looks comfortable in all of them. One point from the game is that he seemed to ant to create the perfect shooting opportunity instead of taking one when the chance was there, not every time, but it did happen several times and he favoured his right foot, although he scored with his left, he is described as two-footed.

He was busy around the box and does seem to add something to our attacking play, he links well with Dele Alli and this could be an important combination going forward for us.

On the face of it Souness looks as if he may be right, we may have bought ourselves a decent player and one that will work well within our system. He isn't going to do our popularity in Asia any harm and our sponsors AIA will no doubt be delighted we have signed him.

I think Spurs fans will be too.


Further Tottenham Reading
Player Reaction to Palace Win - Alli, Lamela, Chadli, Eriksen, Mason, Soldado, Clemence, Davies and more
Success is only a light switch away
Critical thinking improves Spurs