Different routes at Spurs for Alli and Hall

One youngster comes to Tottenham because the boss Mauricio Pochettino is prepared to trust and play youngsters while one youngster wants to leave feeling he has no chance of playing.



Such is football life, it's a tough business and not everyone makes it to the senior team. Dele Alli chose Tottenham over Liverpool because of all the youngsters Spurs were playing. He is very highly-rated and Newcastle thought they were going to sign him, but he chose White Hart Lane instead.

“When we were looking at moving I think it was really important that we found a manager who was similar to the gaffer (Karl Robinson), someone who has a lot of trust in young players and isn’t scared to put them on. I can see that in the manager (at Spurs) so it’s a great move for me.”

Grant Hall is a 23-year-old centre-back, but he is well down the pecking order and is looking to leave this summer either on loan or permanently.

"I'm fully fit, back in training and hungry to play. I need to get settled at a club and settled off the pitch as well. I wasn't here when the gaffer came in and I haven't been around the club so it's understandable that I'm not really in his plans. I just want to play, so I'm looking for a loan or permanent move. 
"Playing games is key for me. I've another year here at Spurs, but I don't want to be sitting around. I'm 23 and I need to be playing and taking my career to the next level."

He went out on loan to Swindon Town in 2013-2014 before having two loan spells last season at Birmingham City, where he picked up an injury before the manager who signed him was sacked and Blackpool.

Further Reading
Spurs scouting 21-year-old German Johannes Geis
Has Kane created a problem for Spurs