Game VIDEO Highlights - It was emotional says Pochettino

The best way to answer childish supporters is to record a win over them and that's exactly what Mauricio Pochettino did today.

It was emotional


The players know they do not hold the power at Tottenham and have to perform to stay in the side. Those on the sidelines will have to wait a chance and take it when it comes just like Ryan Mason has. None of this 'I need a run of games' garbage from him. Pochettino was happy with the way the side played today even if it wasn't perfect or always of the highest quality. It was a step in the right direction.

"It is an important win. It was a very tough game. Southampton have unbelievable players. I am very happy and I congratulate the players who made a good job. We are still improving. Three months in charge with a new philosophy. 
"I am very happy today to get the three points and happy with the performance and happy with the way that the team played. This is what we want. I think the team deserved to win. 
"There was no extra pressure. It was an emotional game for me. I love Southampton, I love the people in Southampton. It was a great 18 months for me in my life and my family and was a very tough decision. I am happy for the performance of the team but it was emotional for me."

Moronic Southampton fans directed chants at Pochettino which the Argentinian just brushed off.

"I still love Southampton and maybe I can understand but this is football. I do not change my feeling, nothing about Southampton. 
"For me it was a great moment, a great period of 18 months and always I will be grateful to Southampton Football Club and the people in Southampton."

Ronald Koeman echoed the thought of the sensible majority. It's pathetic how people hate Sherwood or any player who has left to better themselves so we have supporters of the same grade.

"Yes, okay that is the reaction of the fans and I don't agree with that. I think everybody needs respect and normally the respect is high in the Premier League. 
"I respect Mauricio very much and he did a great job in Southampton. Now he is the manager of Tottenham and it is a great challenge for him."