Davies happy to play centre-back

On Friday Ben Davies, in Wales draw with Bosnia-Herzegovina, played on the left of a back three for Wales boss Chris Coleman.

Davies happy to play centre-back


With Bosnia then drawing with Belgium and having lost to Cyprus, Wales are healthily placed after beating Cyprus last night. They now have 7 points from 3 games having previously beaten Andorra.

Group B

1.Wales32104:27

2.Israel22006:26

3.Belgium21107:14

4.Cyprus31024:53

5.Bosnia & Herzegovina30212:32

6.Andorra30032:120

The Welsh press asked him how he felt about playing more central than he did for Swansea or has for Spurs. He can find his full interview in the South Wales Evening Post.

"I don't mind playing there. Obviously you don't get as much opportunity to go forward and sometimes you have to stop yourself when you get a bit over excited. 
"But it's a role I'm enjoying. I'm trying to improve and learn and one day I could end up in there. It's good to have that experience as a player. 
"I just want to be out on the field and if the manager thinks that's a position that will suit me I'll play there, no problem. 
"I don't mind it there. You have to be comfortable on the ball and I think I'm pretty composed so it's good. 
"The areal challenges are going to be different when you come up against six-foot strikers, but I think I've shown I can deal with that. 
"If I can cope with Edin Dzeko there probably aren't going to be that many tougher strikers to mark."