Chadli likes playing for Pochettino

From the beginning Mauricio Pochettino has made it clear to the club he can work with all the players that are here, that doesn't mean some can't leave though.

Chadli likes playing for Pochettino


As with any club a list is drawn up of players the club would listen to offers for and those they wouldn't. Then it's a case of who can be brought in to replace those being sold and can you sell the ones you want to. Some things work some don't. The early words coming out of Tottenham were that Pochettino liked Chadli even though there were press rumours, some true, some not.

While Pochettino liked him if a suitable offer came in that made Spurs a profit on the player they would have listened to the offer and made a decision. Chadli himself had offers via his agent but as he reveals to the press he decided he wanted to remain at Tottenham and fight for his place. Most players have that view if the only clubs coming in for them are clubs with smaller budgets.

“In the beginning it wasn’t easy for me. I was one of the players Pochettino hadn’t invited for an individual meeting. So I didn’t really know what to expect, but I’ve reacted by working hard.  
"I grabbed my chance during a Europa League game in Cyprus [AEL Limassol], where I came in 20 minutes before the end of the game. The next game, against QPR, I scored twice and since then I’d always play. 
“There were some interesting offers this summer, but I wanted to stay at Spurs. I wanted to fight for my place because I know I have a lot of beautiful things to show. I’m a warrior, someone who wants to fight for his chance. 
“The new coach has a different way of training and that pleases me. Also my role in the system suits me. Either I play as a second striker, in support of [Emmanuel] Adebayor, or on the flank. 
“I find that I have become more efficient. The coach asks me to move into channels. That’s the reason why I’m coming more into shooting positions. We have already played 4-4-2, with me as a second striker, and a 4-3-3, as a left winger.”

Chadli was bought as a wide man to play in a 4-3-3 system, a wide man who could cut in and score but under Andre Villas-Boas we never really saw him cutting in much and Tim Sherwood played a 4-4-2 system so it was not until Pochettino arrived and introduced the interchanging front four that we have started to see what we have bought from FC Twente for £7.17 million.

Recent Articles:
Will Adebayor be fit for Manchester City?
Vertonghen again refuses to reveal contract refusal reason
We must learn when we win as well as when we lose
A vital international break for Spurs
Soldado is the problem with Spurs midweek team
Chiriches to fly to the rescue

Now he is our leading goalscorer this season with 4 Premier League goals from 6 starts. He has scored those goals, he also has one assist, in 456 minutes which is a goal every 114 minutes or a positive action ending directly to a goal every 91.2 minutes in the Premier League. If he can keep that rate up all us Spurs fans will be very happy.