Ben Davies - I believe in my ability

Ben Davies moved to Tottenham Hotspur in the summer because he wanted to push himself to become better.

Ben Davies - I believe in my ability


We have heard from Michel Vorm on his move saying he couldn't turn down the challenge of playing at a big club once in his career and Ben Davies has been echoing similar sentiments to the Haringey Today.

“I am constantly working as hard as I can to make that left-back spot my own. I did that at Swansea when Neil Taylor came back in and I’ve got to do it again now. 
“Of course, it’s a difficult situation because you want to play as many games as you can. But I’m working as hard as I can and hopefully that time is not too far away.  
“I have to be confident and believe I can do it. If you don’t believe in your own ability then there isn’t too much point in playing the game. I have to get my head down, work hard and every opportunity I get to go out on the field I have to show what I can do.  
“I’d like to hope I can cement a spot at both Spurs and in the Wales team. I’m still young, I’ve got time ahead of me and I’m sure every day I will improve. 
“As a player, once you become comfortable in all aspects of life then sometimes it is time to look for the next challenge. That challenge is in front of me now. Hopefully I can make that spot my own in time to come.” 

It's good to know players are coming to Tottenham for the challenge, OK some don't make it but some do and his attitude suggests his game will improve in the areas it needs to to put greater pressure on Danny Rose and claim his slot.

Thus far he has had to content himself with the UEFA Europa League (4) and the League Cup (1) plus 18 minutes in the Premier League against Liverpool, but that has still meant a game a week.

Ben Davies now has 2 yellow cards in the UEFA Europa League so one more and he will be facing a suspension, not an ideal scenario given the problems we are having at right-back, we could do without Danny Rose having to start play Sunday, Thursday, Sunday, fatigue means an injury is more likely to occur.