So far we have looked at Passing Forward, then Crossing Accuracy, the third in the series looked at Tackling Success and now this one will look at the percentage of headers a player wins as opposed to the number of headers they win.
We will see how this evolves over the season so that we can add weight to or dispel a myth or two. To be consistent with the other league tables produced we will only look at Premier League games, but after we are a bit deeper into the season, I'll look at adding league tables for all matches to add to the four produced so far. This will then allow us to also compare those mainly playing in the UEFA Europa League or cup competitions.
Tottenham Crossing Accuracy League Table
Tottenham Passing Forward League Table
Over 70% forward passes, just the player Spurs need
Tottenham Hotspur Headers Won League Table
- Harry Kane 1 header 100%
- Mousa Dembele 1 header 100%
- Christian Eriksen 1 header 100%
- Jan Vertonghen 4 headers 75.00%
- Eric Dier 9 headers 66.67%
- Etienne Capoue 3 headers 66.67%
- Nabil Bentaleb 3 headers 66.67%
- Danny Rose 8 headers 62.50%
- Younes Kaboul 6 headers 50.00%
- Nacer Chadli 4 headers 50.00%
- Ben Davies 2 headers 50.00%
- Emmanuel Adebayor 11 headers 27.27%
- Erik Lamela 4 headers 25.00%
- Kyle Naughton 1 header 00.00%
Very early days and not many headers for some to distort the figures, which will settle down over the course of the season. Eric Dier makes a positive showing, of his 9 headers he has won 6 whereas Younes Kaboul has only won 3 of his 6.
Danny Rose has surprisingly won 5 out of 8 which mirrors his decent start to the season. The surprise for me is Emmanuel Adebayor, our target man when we play a longer ball. He has won only 3 of his 11 headers which one would hope he increases as the season goes on.
To catch up with any of the other league tables just click the links above, they will be easily accessible from each post.