SPURS TEAM + Kane, not a boy among men anymore

Harry Kane is looking forward to the UEFA Europa League tonight where not only his strength but his attitude will make him a handful.



SPURS XI  Lloris (c); Naughton, Dier, Vertonghen, Davies; Bentaleb, Paulinho; Holtby, Townsend, Kane; Soldado.

Subs: Friedel, Rose, Dawson, Chadli, Dembele, Sandro, Lamela.

He reveals what some fans tend to overlook in young players and don't take into account when dismissing them as being not good enough too early. Those that were saying sell him he is only Championship quality were made to look rather foolish towards the end of last season when he got his chance and not only scored goals but produced performances that showed he belonged at Premier league level.

“When I was a bit younger, I thought defenders were a bit stronger in different aspects, but now I feel as I am as strong as any defender out there. I don’t feel uncomfortable when I’m on the pitch. I feel stronger than ever, faster than ever and hopefully I can impose that on the opposition. 
“Obviously I feel like all the loan spells away from Spurs have helped me along the way. They’ve all been great experiences to push me in the right direction. Now I feel I have developed and I am ready to take the big stage in the Premier League.”

Tonight he is expected to play some part in the UEFA Europa League qualifying round tie against AEL Limassol in Cyprus. It is a tournament that is designed to make money for clubs via plenty of European games and thus it's format has been criticised.

Recent Stories:
A new beginning for Paulinho
Which 7 would you listen to offers for?
Miloš Veljković hopes for more first team opportunities
Baldini trying to make Italian sales
Vorm debut 18th September or League Cup tie the following week
Vertonghen I'm ready for AEL Limassol on Thursday
Nerves affect players at all levels
What do Spurs fans want! We won

Money rules now so it's hardly likely to change, football is almost a secondary consideration. As such clubs in Europe now need squads that can in effect play two seasons in one, Spurs for instance played 54 games last season and that was without an FA Cup run. Kane sees it's value now it has the carrot at the end.

“I think it’s very important. Obviously now of course there is a Champions League spot for the winners, which makes it even more important. 
“It is an important competition, we’re going to take it seriously and we’re looking forward to it.”

He could play as an out and out attacker but Roberto Soldado is likely to play that role today so it is more likely that he will take over Christian Eriksens role as he has done in pre-season games, most notable Celtic where we won 6-1 and he scored.

It's unlikely to be 6-1 tonight but a victory to bring back to White Hart Lane must be the priority and it would be good to see some clinical finishing throughout the game, it#s a habit we must get into.