VIDEO: Lamela goals, highlights, quotes

A refreshing view from the head coach Mauricio Pochettino, he is talented and we expect a lot. No excuses, no reservations, simply a message to produce the goods and that's exactly what Argentinian Erik Lamela did.


“We expect a lot from him, he’s an unbelievable player. He needs to show us that he deserves to play, but at the moment we are happy with his performance.”

He produced a performance in which he stood out and for the Lennon haters he looked as though he could adapt his game to a new role for him.

Lamela him self was very happy with his performance and took his chances well, the two goals will have done his confidence a power of good, that's exactly what we now need to see from Soldado.

“It’s something I would like [to carry my pre-season form into the upcoming campaign], but I have to continue to work. As the season progresses I will continue to get better. 
“I felt like I was able to play a good 45 minutes. Overall I think the team did really well and I’m happy with the performance today. 
“I had an unfortunate injury last season that kept me out of play for quite some time. In the same way, it’s helped me emotionally and morally to get better and work harder towards this season.” 

It may only be a pre-season friendly but it was an encouraging first-half with the main players none the less. Kyle Walker is slowly recovering from his injury and was played in the second half, we shall have to wait and see if that indicates that Kyle Naughton is ahead of him in the pecking order at the moment or whether this was a case of win the game and then bring on the rest.

Was Walker eased but with the understudies and will resume as right-back when fully recovered or is Pochettino giving Naughton a chance to be the first choice?