Centre-back concerns

Dejan Lovren will be joining Liverpool, which is a bit of a blow, does that make Caulker more likely?

Centre-back concerns


Lovren revealed his situation to a Croatian newspaper which all sound a bit like the Luka Modrić situation.

"Liverpool sent the offer and the club haven't informed me.

"Not even about the subsequent Liverpool bids. That wasn't right.

"I found out about the bid from other people which disappointed me and I realised I've got no business staying at Southampton.

"Liverpool sent a £20 million offer and [Southampton] paid £9m for me so they would've earned twice the amount.

"At this point, I don't know what I'll do and I don't like it. It was unbelievable that a few days ago I had an offer of £20m. It was in the morning and by the afternoon the club had said I was not for sale. Frankly, my head is already at Liverpool."


The lure of Mauricio Pochettino wasn't enough and Champions League has won the day again. While we have other options our new Head Coach is known to want a centre-back with Premier League experience.

Steven Caulker certainly fits that bill but he is considering an offer from QPR at the moment, relegated Cardiff having accepted their bid.

Hector Moreno has broken his leg, Lovren wants Liverpool, Caulker, Stefan Savić, Stefan de Vrij and Joël Veltman may be the next four on the list, we'll have to wait and see where we turn next, but Caulker seems the obvious choice.