Former target Bernard seeks Shakhtar Donetsk transfer

Tottenham chased Brazilian Bernard last summer but refused to pay the asking price demanded by Clube Atlético Mineiro.


Former target Bernard seeks Shakhtar Donetsk transfer


He signed for Shakhtar Donetsk but is not comfortable there with all the unrest and riots in Ukraine so if looking to move again after the World Cup.

The diminutive 21 year-old wide man moved for £22 million and while they would want to make a profit it's doubtful Daniel Levy would pay more than £18 million for him. Unless players leave it's questionable whether Tottenham will pursue their interest this summer.

“I made it clear since I arrived [to join the national team] that I won’t comment about the possibility of a transfer as I am focused on the World Cup.

“I leave my off the field situation to be handled by those who have the right to do so without me. I don’t know [what will happen] after the World Cup, I have people to handle the off the field things.”


Having bought Nacer Chadli and Erik Lamela, Spurs still have Andros Townsend and Aaron Lennon so his purchase would rather overload us in the wide areas. Imbalance in the squad is not what we need right now so it looks as if this boat has passed.

He is in the Brazil squad for the World Cup, wearing number 20, he came on in the opening game against Croatia last night after 68 minutes.

Recent Stories:
Spurs want South American centre-back [VIDEO]
Spurs chase the next River Plate scoring prodigy [VIDEO] 
Lovren emails Southampton a transfer request
Alex Pritchard Championship loan 
Spurs target Janmaat reiterates his desire to move
At last, Spurs linked to a centre-back!
Pochettino Interview Transcript
Dembele