VIDEO: Defoe bags belter 5th goal in 7 games

Jermain Defoe is back from injury and has reminded Roy Hodgson that he was wrong to leave him out of the squad for Brazil.

Defoe was absolutely gutted by that decision and is not happy that he was picked for every squad leading up to the tournament but not the tournament itself. All he can do is continue to score goals and he did that again last night as Toronto FC beat New York Red Bulls 2-0.

Speaking to reporters after the game he said:

"I don't think I'll ever be at peace (with the decision).

"When you've been involved in every squad and the World Cup comes around and you're not in the 23, it's hard to understand.

"It's only normal when you get a disappointment to try to prove people wrong, and just to remind people, at the end of the day, this is what I'm doing. I think I did that today."
Defoe opened the scoring for Toronto smashing the ball into the top corner of the net from the right hand side.