Paulinho returning to Corinthians

Paulinho is back in Brazil training with his former club ahead of the World Cup and ahead of the Brazil squad meeting up on May 26th.

He was a key member of the Corinthians team who won the  2012 Copa Libertadores and went on to win the FIFA Club World Cup.

"It's a great pleasure to train at Corinthians and even more so because I'm preparing for a World Cup. 

"I was fortunate to have one of the happiest times of my life at Corinthians and it's going to be good for me (to be back)."

He has been linked with a move to Chelsea in the Brazilian press and both AC Milan and Real Madrid have been after him for a while. With uncertainty and changing managers at White Hart Lane clubs know the players have been unhappy so naturally they are renewing their efforts to sign him.

Tottenham paid £17 million for his services and will be looking for a better season from him now he has had time to settle. To squash the rumours Paulinho recently replied to reporters when asked that he was 'absolutelt not' leaving Spurs.

“Absolutely not. I know how to handle my career and it’ll take more than just one bad moment before I reconsider my options. We have all got responsibilities at Tottenham and we are ready to go through this.”

We are well aware Real Madrid ignore any club who say a player is not for sale assuming every would want to play for them.